THE CHALLENGE!: Create a new and different kind of pencil holder. Yes, you read that correctly. Re-imagine and design a tool that holds pencils! Think of this as designing "not your everyday " pencil holder.
BE CREATIVE: Using materials commonly found in the home, and this design sheet, create a new & different pencil holder that can hold AT LEAST TWO PENCILS (no less). You may 3-D print it, glue it, tape it, nail it, screw it or build it in way you can.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?! You must first submit your design idea to your SCIENCE TEACHER BEFORE moving to the building phase. Then bring your finished, AMAZING DESIGN to school by Wednesday, May 20th. All entries will be shared in a design exhibit as well as in school meeting on May 28th.
Tallest Tower Design Challenge!
(with thanks to Mrs. Cunningham and @cherandpete for the idea!)
· Design and build a tall, strong tower that is freestanding (can stand without assistance)
· Build your structure with ONLY the materials listed below.
· Have fun and be creative!
Materials list for ONE tower:
-100 Mini Marshmallows
-8 Regular Marshmallows
-1 Box of spaghetti
-8 Linguini noodles
-1 Lasagna noodle
Prepare a one minute video using a camera, a Smartphone, or a tablet
Your video must show:
1) your design process, including anyplans and failed designs (important!)
2) your successful design standing tall& strong without any assistance
3) evidence of your tower's height (use a measuring tool and show it on camera!)
ALL can participate! You may work alone or in small groups with friends, siblings, or parents.
Deadline for video submissions:
CLICK HERE for a handout with all of the design challenge details!